Miles and I like to drink Bloody Marys at night on friend’s roof (call us risk-takers)!
This recipe was based on some advice from a friend of mine who is a bartender (thanks Benny). Miles and I made a few and tweaked the recipe so that it what we believe to be a truly perfect Bloody Mary!
(It helps to have a liquid measuring cup with ounces marked on the side)
The Perfect Bloody Mary
*Serves 10 (I usually make a big pitcher to share or even keep in the fridge since we all know Monday mornings can be tough!)
- 40 oz tomato juice
- 3 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz fresh lime juice
- 2.5 tsp horseradish (grated and from a bottle is fine)
- 1 Tbsp Tobasco sauce (plus more if you want it spicy)
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive juice
- 1/4 cup peperoncini juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 beer ( IPA’s are really nice, but I have also used Sam Adams Summer Ale or Boston Lager). Just don’t use a Budweiser, PBR, Coors Light or some other crap beer that will just water down the mix and not add any flavor.
*Add desired amount of vodka to each glass you pour, or add 20 oz vodka to the whole pitcher