I made this for lunch this past Sunday after Miles and I came back from camping at the beach (actually Miles camped, I went home and slept in our bed like a wimp). I had a spaghetti squash in the pantry and some broccoli that I needed to use. I’ve made this basic dish before with pasta, but apparently I only cook with spaghetti squash now (like in this recipe), so I just subbed it in.
Perfectly garlicky, filling, and vegetarian, this was a great Sunday lunch for two.
Garlicky Broccoli and Spaghetti Squash
To cook squash:
(Check out my post here to see pictures and instructions on how to cook perfect spaghetti squash)
- Make about 3-4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 small heads broccoli, washed at cut into medium florets (keep stems separate and slice into inch size pieces)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup stock (veg or chicken) or water
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- To Cook Broccoli, heat a large pan (should have a matching top) over medium heat. Add enough olive oil to lightly coat bottom of pan and saute garlic for about 1 min stirring continuously until it softens and lightly browns.
- Add broccoli stems and saute for 3 mins stirring constantly, making sure not to burn garlic. Add florets and cook a minute or so more, stirring continuously so they don't burn.
- Add 1/4 cup stock and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until broccoli is tender and most of liquid is absorbed. (About 5-8 more mins)
- Season broccoli with S&P.
- Serve broccoli over a bowl of the spaghetti squash and top with parmesan. Enjoy!