In honor of our love for cheese, Miles and I have designated Sunday nights “Cheese Night.” We have been trying different cheeses, mini pickled things, and all the foods that we believe to compliment them. One combination that I particularly like is Brie, honey and pecans. These little melted bites of cheese and bread are a perfect holiday appetizer, and they are so easy to make I’m not sure if this even qualifies as a “recipe.”
Melted Brie Bites with Cinnamon Pecans
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- crusty baguette, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- sea salt
- In a small bowl combine pecans, honey and cinnamon.
- On a cookie sheet toast slices of baguette on a in a preheated broiler until golden (both sides)
- Top with slices of brie (about 1/4 inch wedges) and broil for 45 seconds or until a little bubbly and melted (every broiler is different, so just keep your eye on them.)
- Remove cookie sheet and top each bite with a tsp of pecan mixture.
- Sprinkle with just a pinch of sea salt and serve immediately!