Sometimes lettuce can just get in the way of what a salad is really all about… the cheese, the dressing and the croutons. Just kidding! THE VEGGIES! I love a big bowl of grated carrots (so easy to eat vs big chunks), cucumber, tomatoes and onion. Who needs that pesky lettuce!
The hummus dressing is literally impossible to mess up, and gives the raw veggies a little creamy contrast and a whole lot of flavor, not to mention protein. Enjoy!
Lettuce-Free Chopped Salad with Hummus Dressing
Makes 1 salad
- 1.5 -2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbs chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- fresh cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- Combine veggies in a medium bowl
- In a smaller bowl, fully combine hummus and vinegar with a whisk.
- Drizzle hummus dressing over veggies and top with S&p to taste.
- Enjoy not breaking that New Years resolution!