If you only make quinoa one way this Summer then this should be it.
This quinoa bowl is the perfect post-surf lunch, with a light vinaigrette, fresh veggies and nutty spiced chickpeas.
Protein and veggies… ain’t nothing wrong with that! I make a big bowl of this at the beginning of the week and pack it for Miles’ lunches.
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa, cooked. (I don’t want you to be confused. Put two cups of uncooked quinoa in the rice cooker and use whatever amount it makes).
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 or 2 large avocados (the more the merrier), diced
- 1/4 big red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- S&P to taste
- Cook quinoa in rice cooker, like you would rice.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine oil, vinegar and S&P and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, melt coconut oil.
- Add chickpeas and cook for 10 mins, shaking the pan occasionally.
- After 10 mins add cumin, garlic powder, oregano and s&p. Cook for 2 more mins and set aside.
- When quinoa is done add it to large bowl with the vinaigrette and let cool in the fridge for about 15-20 mins.
- When cool, add veggies, feta and chickpeas.
- Top with avocado before you serve. *If you’re eating the whole bowl at one time then add all of the avo. If you’re going to eat a little at a time, then add the avocado right before you eat it. Otherwise it will get gnarly. Ew.
- Enjoy immediately or serve cold.