Who doesn’t love using their grill during the Summer? The cleanup the easy, the flavors are delicious, and you don’t have to stand over a hot stove.
These meatballs are garlicky and moist, with little pockets of melting feta and a nice sear on the outside. You could put them in sandwiches, salads or just dip them in the zingy yogurt sauce for an appetizer.
Grilled Greek Turkey Meatballs with Yogurt Sauce
Makes about 23 meatballs
Ingredients for Meatballs:
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 finely chopped white onion
Ingredients for Yogurt Sauce
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1 Tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp EVOO
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, add yogurt.
- Using a microplane or fine grater set over yogurt, grate in cucumber and garlic.
- Add EvOO, salt, and dill.
- Combine, cover, and set in fridge while you make the meatballs.
- Preheat grill on high for 5 mins.
- In a large bowl combine ingredients for meatballs using your hands. Don’t get carried away and over-mix.
- Form into about 23 meatballs using your hands.
- Put meatballs on hot grill for 3.5 mins.
- Turn meatballs once after 3.5 mins.
- Remove meatballs from grill and let rest for 10 mins.