I made a batch of these for the fourth of July and actually decided to not bring them to the neighborhood party because I wanted to eat them all myself.
I don’t know if this even qualifies as a recipe, but OMG they are soooo good. Smooth and creamy, lemony and tart, and a simple rich graham cracker crust.
And easy. So so so easy.
One could even say, as easy as pie. (Good one, Mary).
Mini Frozen Lemonade Pies
- 2 packages of graham crackers (not boxes, I think there are 8 crackers in each package)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (yes I love this stuff so much I find an excuse to use it whenever I can, but you could also use veg oil or butter)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 Quart softened vanilla ice cream.
- 1 container Cool Whip (yes that stuff I love too) at room temp.
- 1/2 cup Country Time lemonade mix (I used yellow, but one could also use pink)
- sprinkles if you want to decorate
- 24 cupcake liners
*makes 24 mini pies
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until fine crumbs. Add salt and coconut oil, or fat of choice until all is moist.
- Line 2 muffin tins with cucpcake liners and put in a rounded Tablespoon of the crumb mixture.
- Using moist hands, or a the bottom of a small glass (also a little moist), lightly press graham cracker mixture into bottom.
- Pop those little guys into the oven for just 5 mins, and they should start to brown up just a little around the edges. (Since you are freezing them, you don’t want the crust too hard and crunchy).
- Let the crusts cool for 15 mins or so.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together ice cream, Cool Whip and lemonade mix.
- When crusts have cooled, fill each cupcake liner with the creamy goodness.
- Top with sprinkles if you want, and then freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.