Aren’t we all just looking for something else to put hummus on?
Baby carrots and hummus… been there done that.
I love a good hummus sandwich, but sometimes it ends up being a little too bready. (And you know how we Californians feel about our carbs…I want to make a kale juice just thinking about it ).
This is a perfect solution to the question that we are asking ourselves every day, if not every minute…. “What will I put hummus on next!?”
*This recipe yields about as much as you want it to. I’m not going to give you amounts, but look at the pictures for a guideline. Feel free to adjust amounts to your liking.
- nice crisp leaves of Romaine lettuce (I like the layer just inside the outer layer). Iceberg would work too but ends up cracking a lot.
- Finely chopped red onion
- Hummus of any variety
- Chopped kalamata olives
- crumbled feta
- chopped tomatoes
- fresh basil, chiffoned
- S&P to taste
(if you would call them that)
- Separate leaves from head of romaine. Rinse and dry.
- Spread a layer of hummus on the leaves, about 1 Tbsp plus a little more (eyeball it depending on the size of the leaf).
- Top each leaf with a sprinkle of each of the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!