This is such an easy salad that is perfect to make a few days ahead and enjoy all week, or pack in lunch boxes. Even the avocado keeps well in the fridge after a few days.
Don’t be afraid of the abundance of red onions because they lose a lot of their stinky-ness in the lime juice which pickles them a little.
Lots of protein, not a lot of ingredients.
Simple summer, healthy food. Enjoy!
Edamame and Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
*yields a big bowl (haha I didn’t measure, but feel free to adjust ingredients to make more. This is the kind of recipe that you can do that with)
- 12 oz package of frozen, shelled edamame, cooked for 5 mins and then cooled (run cold water over immediately after straining).
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped (or 1/4 of a big red onion)
- 2 handfuls of grape tomatoes chopped lengthwise, (or one large tomato, chopped)
- 1 large avocado, diced (or more… your really can’t go wrong here)
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- juice of one large lime, or 2 small limes
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice, EVOO, S&P and combine
- Add edamame, red onions, grape tomatoes, avo and cilantro.
- Stir to combine.
- That’s it. Enjoy immediately or let sit a little in the fridge… and then enjoy:)