If there’s one thing you know about me by now it’s that I love to cook with chickpeas.
I don’t eat a lot of meat, and when I can find a protein source to replace it I’m stoked.
What is awesome about this salad is that there’s no mayo, and only a garlicky, dill yogurt sauce to bind together the chickpeas, cucumber and red onion.
I like to make a bunch of this salad and use it in wraps, pitas, with homemade naan bread (which you will see below), or on top of a salad. It is the perfect thing to have in you fridge for an easy lunch or dinner.
Roasted Chickpea Salad with Garlic & Dill Yogurt Sauce
- 2 cans roasted and cooled chickpeas (see recipe here)
- 2 cups plain, non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated on microplane or chopped really finely
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- S&P to taste
- optional: crumbled feta, and fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, EVOO, garlic, dill, and parsley.
- Add cucumbers, red onion and cooled chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Season with S&P to taste (chickpeas should already be seasoned).
- Refrigerate for one hour to let flavors meld, and enjoy.