Let’s be honest with one another. Salad dressing it the best part of the salad.
I learned how to emulsify in class this week. Talk about crazy stuff!
(Emulsification in regards to salad dressing is basically when you add the oil to the vinegar mixture so slowly that it mixes completely and doesn’t separate.)
This dressing has a creamy texture because of the emulsification even though it only has oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and herbs in it.
I decided to use fresh basil, green onion and parsley. But feel free to use whatever you have on hand. Enjoy!
Honey & Herb Vinaigrette
*Makes about 1.5 cups
- 1 cup white vinegar (but you could use other kinds)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- a few basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- S&P to taste
- In a food processor, pulse everything but the EVOO until herbs are finely chopped.
- Turn food processor on, and add slowly (over about 30 seconds to a minute), the EVOO
- Season with S&P to your liking, and store in a jar in the fridge. Shake it a bit if it starts to separate after a few days.