For some reason I always buy a head of cauliflower in the grocery store thinking I’ll use it up right away.
But I never do.
A few days go by and there it is taunting me every time I open the fridge.
Today I took that head of cauliflower down.
Meaning I made it into a super easy, delish soup, and ate 3 bowls of it.
Cauliflower Soup with Garlic & Cheddar
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley to garnish
- In a large stockpot, over medium heat, add EVOO and cook celery, carrots, onion, bay leaf, thyme, and S&P until onions become translucent. Stir frequently.
- Add flour, and garlic and stir frequently to combine over medium heat for about 2 mins.
- Add cauliflower and stir to combine.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-18 mins until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove 3 cups of soup and blend until smooth in blender, or use immersion blender but leave plenty of big chunks.
- Return blended soup to pot, and add milk over medium heat.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Season with S&P if needed.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.