The beauty of making your own granola is that you can make it with what you want, and how you want it.
I like my granola not-to-sweet, with nuts and dried fruit. I like make it crispy with some pieces chunked together so that you can eat it with milk like cereal and it will hold up.
Oh yes, and with coconut oil and pistachios.
Because I’m a granola snob.
Here’s my recipe.
Coconut Pistachio Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachio meats
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Heat oven to 250
- In a big bowl, fully combine everything but raisins.
- Spread out on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Add raisins on top of granola right when it comes out of the oven, and use a spatula to fold them into the mixture.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.