Say buh-bye to mayo covered, limp cabbage coleslaw.
Fresh iceberg and crunchy cucumbers are the stars in this slaw, baby.
This slaw is perfect for literally anything.
Here’s a few ideas:
- on top of pulled pork sandwiches (duh)
- on a BLT sandwich (or any sandwich) instead of lettuce
- As a salad topped with grilled chicken (can you say Asian style.. yum)
- On tacos
- As a side next to baked beans or corn on your plate of BBQ
Make sure to eat it right away, because the iceberg doesn’t hold up well to the acid of the vinegar for too long and will get too limp.
Iceberg Slaw with Cucumbers and Green Onions
Ingredients: (makes a large bowl)
- about 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and sliced into 2-3 inch long sticks about 1/4 inch wide
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (or more) red chili flakes
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Combine lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, green onions in a bowl and mix around with your hands.
- Drizzle with EVOO (go around the bowl about twice), and add vinegar, pepper flakes, sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Mix with hands until combined and serve immediately.