This dish couldn’t be easier, and will be on your table in the amount of time it takes to boil pasta.
Fresh asparagus in a lemony, garlic, butter sauce topped with fresh green onions and shaved parmesan…
There’s nothing left to be said.
Lemon Asparagus Pasta
Makes enough for 3 or so servings
- 1/2 lb. pasta (your choice)
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter (optional but delicious and recommended)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, prep asparagus, lemon and garlic.
- Heat large pan over medium heat and add EVOO to coat the bottom.
- Saute garlic, stirring frequently and cook until aromatic, but do not let it burn.
- Add lemon zest and asparagus, and saute just for a minute or so.
- Season with salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper, and add lemon juice and butter.
- Cook asparagus a minute or so longer, letting the lemon juice reduce a bit and thicken up and just until asparagus is tender but not limp. (This will depend on how thick your stalks are- I like my asparagus very al dente, so I usually cook it pretty briefly just until it becomes a little brighter green.)
- Toss in cooked pasta and season as needed with S&P and toss in green onions.
- Serve in bowl topped with plenty of shaved parmesan cheese (I just use a vegetable peeler).