Say it with me… ah-sah-ee. You got it!
Sambazon is a company near and dear to my heart. I love what they stand for, and I love their product (all made from that little Brazilian berry, the acai) just as much.
Plus, they’re around the corner from me in San Clemente. Hi guys!
There’s a little place downtown that makes acai bowls, which is where I fell in love with them. But, me being the “I bet I can make this” kinda girl I am, ended up making my own bowls at home.
They’re easy. So delicious. And so good for you.
Homemade Acai Bowls
makes one bowl
- 1 ripe banana (a few slices reserved to put on top if you want)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup or so Sambazon Superfood Juice (find it in any large grocery store, or even Costco)
- a few ice cubes
- 3/4 cup granola
- fresh fruit to top (I used fresh mango but you can use whatever you want)
- Combine banana, frozen fruit, and juice in blender.
- Blend until smooth and add ice until it becomes a bit thicker. There is no right and wrong consistency here, but I like mine like a thick smoothie, and not too soupy. It should support your toppings so that they’re not just swimming around.
- Top with granola and fresh fruit. Enjoy right away!