If there’s anything to get you inspired for a new recipe it’s a garden.
I have been pretty absent in the blogging department for the past two weeks for two reasons: I have been busy with finals, and I just plain haven’t been feeling inspired.
But now I’ve got my mojo back.
And I have my garden to thank for that.
I have 3, 3×6 raised beds in my yard that have become my pride and joy this Spring. The first edible thing to come up has been my radishes, which got me thinking about recipes for radishes (since I have so many). This is one of the recipes I came up with.
Fresh Spring Rolls with Pea Shoots, Radishes and Vegan Green Goddess Dipping Sauce
Ingredients for spring rolls
*I’m not giving quantities since it really depends on how many you want to make.
- spring roll wrappers (I used smaller size)
- pea shoots, cut in half to fit inside spring roll wrapper
- radishes, ends trimmed and sliced very thing
- cucumbers, sliced very thin
- snow peas, ends trimmed
Ingredients for vegan Green goddess dipping sauce
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- handful of cilantro (with stems), about 1/2 cup if you want to get technical
- handful of fresh parsley
- 4 or so scallions, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- S&P to taste
*process everything but olive oil in a food processor until herbs are very well chopped. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while the processor is running so that dressing becomes emulsified. Season with S&P to taste and enjoy right away.
- Fill a medium bowl with hot water and soak one rice paper for about 30 seconds or until it looks like wet toilet paper (see picture).
- Remove rice paper and lay down snow pea, then cucumber, radishes and a bit of the pea shoots. (see picture). Do not overfill.
- Roll up by gently folding the closest edge to you over the vegetables, and then pulling the pile back towards you so the roll is tight. Fold in the sides and then continue to roll until it forms a nice little package.
- Serve with green goddess dipping sauce and enjoy right away.