This is not just a summer salad.
This is a perfect “al desko” lunch for all times of year. The vegetables can be interchangeable for what is in season, and what you like. Plus, you can make a big bowl and eat it throughout the week, which is always a good idea.
The dill and lemon combo is always perfect and there are more veggies than pasta. Are you sold yet?
Lemony Dill Orzo Salad
- 1-1/2 cups orzo, cooked according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 english cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup chopped yellow pepper
- Rinse cooked orzo under cold water and drain. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon, pepper, salt and dill. Add orzo and stir to combine.
- Add in remaining vegetables and feta cheese. Stir to combine.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with more salt or pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.