I’m a sucker for a good shredded salad.
Things I’m also a sucker for:
- sesame ginger dressing (recipe here)
- high protein non-meat sources
- Desmond from Lost (we’re mid-season 3 right now, brother)
- 3-legged dogs (I just met the one that lives on my street today, his name is Poncho)
This recipe includes 3 of those 4 things (just kidding, only 2… wishful thinking, and no I do not mean the dog).
Hempseed is an amazing little ingredient. High in omega-3’s and protein (3 Tbsp have 10 grams of protein, which is twice as much as flax and two and half times what chia has)), it is a perfect non-meat protein and a great thing to easily introduce into your diet. I sprinkle them on salads, use them in my granola and put them in smoothies. This is what Trader Joes has to say: Hemp Seed
Here’s a good recipe for you and hemp seed to get to know each other…
Bok Choy Salad with Hemp Seed
makes about 5 servings
- 4 baby bok choy, shredded like in picture below
- 4-5 cups shredded cabbage (any kind)
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup hemp seed hearts
- 1/8 cup sesame seed
- dressing: Sesame Ginger Peanut Dressing
Combine ingredients in a big bowl and toss together, dress, toss again and serve. Enjoy!