The Sea Salt has gone completely veg. Repeat: completely vegetarian.
Let’s be honest with one another… it was going that way and we all knew it.
What? No one else was even thinking about it?
I feel good about it and I hope you do too.
For my first recipe as the “new” Sea Salt, take a whole bunch of snap peas, (snap peas are the fat ones, not the flat ones) and shred them in the food processor (or chop them up with your knife). Whisk up a quick lemon vinaigrette, toast some almonds and toss it all together.
Not really a recipe at all! Just a super tasty, fresh side.
Snap Pea Slaw with Almonds
makes about 4 servings (as a side dish)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 12 oz fresh snap peas, shredded in food processor using shred attachment
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. In a large bowl, combine dressing ingredients (everything but almonds and snap peas), and whisk together to combine
2. Add snap peas and almonds to bowl and stir to coat with dressing. Season with more salt if needed. Serve immediately so snap peas don’t wilt. Enjoy!