If you’re not sure how to eat fennel, this is a great salad to start with.
There are only 7 ingredients in this salad, and they all compliment each other perfectly. Nutty almonds, and rich, buttery avocados cut by the acid of the grapefruit, over crunchy slices of sweet, anise flavored fennel.
I had this for lunch and I’ll probably have it for dinner too.
Fennel Salad with Grapefruit, Avocado and Almonds
makes 1 serving
- 1/2 bulb fennel, cored and sliced super thin (reserve some of the green feathery part at the top to sprinkle on salad as well)
- 1/2 avocado, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 large red grapefruit or 1 small red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 Tbsp sliced, toasted almonds
- EVOO to drizzle on top
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
1. Arrange fennel, avocado and grapefruit on a plate.
2. Sprinkle evenly with almonds, a pinch of salt and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.
3. Enjoy right away!