We are deep into summer and the water is warm, the sun is strong and tomatoes are at their best. When they are this good it is my personal opinion that they should be altered as little as possible. Caprese salad is so been-there-done-that, and that’s not really my jam.
Blue cheese is my jam.
Would this salad be better with bacon crumbles? Yes, absolutely.
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Blue Cheese and Green Onions
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- sea salt
- coarse ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Slice tomatoes into medium thin rounds and arrange on plate.
- Top with green onions and blue cheese. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve!