Summer isn’t over, friends!
There’s still time to get in your summer grilling, and this would be a perfect dish for Labor Day this weekend.
So few ingredients, and bright lemon-y flavors to be enjoyed by all.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers
Lemon Pepper Skewers
Write a review
- 3 medium boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano (or fresh parsley or basil)
- Coat chicken with the zest, black pepper, salt, olive oil, and cayenne pepper. Let marinade in the fridge for one hour and up to 6.
- Skewer chicken meat alternating with slices of reserved zested lemon.
- Heat grill to high or 500 degrees.
- Lay chicken skewers on grill and cook with the top down for about 3 minutes. Chicken should release from grill after 3 minutes, which means it is ready to turn.
- Turn skewers and cook another 2-3 minutes on high until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with oregano or other chosen herbs. Season with more salt if necessary. Serve with grilled lemon slices to squeeze on top. Enjoy!
The Sea Salt http://theseasalt.com/