The easiest shredded salad of all time…
My sister-in-law is the one who really introduced me to the concept of “super slaw” while we were in Maine a few weeks ago and I can’t get enough. We ate it a few times during the week as a side with lobster, pulled pork, and even with sandwiches.
It is super easy and customizable. It would be delicious with match-sticked bell peppers, jalapeños, and any other kind of nuts or seeds. There is no mayo in this slaw and I use this dressing recipe to dress it, but you could use any dressing you prefer.
Super Slaw (Mayo-free)
I use this dressing for the slaw!
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shopped cilantro
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- about 1/2 cup dressing of choice (I use my Honey Herb Vinaigrette- link above)
- 1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and toss together.
- 2. Toss with dressing until moist but not soggy. Serve immediately or slaw will get soggy ( a little softer is ok, but you don't want it totally wilted). Enjoy!