This recipe is a modification of a recipe that was very popular at work for our winter menu. It only requires a few ingredients and a hot oven.
It is a easy side dish or an excellent base for a healthy bowl topped with a poached egg. Enjoy!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small- medium florets
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (less if you don't like spice)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400
- Whisk together spices with olive oil in a large bowl.
- Toss in cauliflower and onions and mix with hands until well covered with curry mixture.
- Lay out on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 mins on the bottom rack or until bottoms on florets start to brown.
- Turn and bake another 10-12 mins until desired done-ness and cauliflower is dark brown but not burned.
- Season with more salt if necessary and serve immediately with cilantro or green onions to garnish.