You guys, I must make taco salad once a week.
These are some ingredients you can always find in my fridge: cilantro, sour cream, carrots, cabbage. You will also always find frozen corn in my freezer and black beans in the pantry.
That’s not the reason I make this so much though! It is super flavorful and one of Miles’ fave dinners (especially topped with my taco turkey ) and super easy to throw together for a mid-week meal. Not to mention at-work lunches the next day… mmm yas.
For Miles’ Christmas present this year I booked a campground for every month for the next 6 months. This past weekend was Los Prietos in Santa Barbara, which was totally epic! Everything is amazingly green and we did an awesome hike up to an abandoned castle. I highly recommend.
- 1/2 large head of green cabbage (or one small), cored and chopped super thin
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 2 bell peppers (any color) finely diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 can drained and rinsed black beans
- 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 1.5 cups sour cream
- 2 limes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of cayenne
- large bunch of cilantro- about 1.5 cups roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, with white part removed
- In a big bowl combine cabbage through frozen corn from ingredients list above. Toss together with your hands.
- Using a food processor, combine sour cream through green onions until herbs are very fine. use to dress salad.
- Avocado or grilled chicken would also be a nice addition to this salad.