Hello Easter dinner side dish!
I love nothing more than a side dish that can be made ahead of time. When I’m entertaining I do as much prep the day before as possible. I don’t like to be stressed in the kitchen (or ever), and I really like to enjoy the company that I have over. I think your company enjoys their time more if they actually get to see you, and if you’re not stressed out too.
Last year I made a Brussel Sprout Salad with Apples, Golden Raisins, Walnuts & Parmesan which is a great make-ahead salad and every Easter I make this rice salad with a curry vinaigrette, radishes, asparagus and toasted almonds (my mom’s recipe) which is one of the only food traditions that I have.
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of red chili flakes
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- In a large bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add Carrots, herbs, raisins to dressing and combine well.
- Top with feta and pine nuts. Enjoy immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This salad could be made a day ahead ( and is almost even better), but wait to top with pine nuts and feta until ready to serve. This has potential to sit (covered) in the fridge for 1-2 days.