I promise you this: this salad will be your go-to potluck dish this summer. Only a few ingredients, (and inexpensive ones) and super easy to make, this salad is a winnah.
Honestly, there isn’t much more to say about this salad but that it’s really, really good (and I’m not just being lazy about writing). Its amazing what a few simple ingredients can do when they really work well together.
- 4 Tbsp grated yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp celery salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large head red cabbage (aka purple cabbage) chopped thin
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup slivered, toasted almonds
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine onion, sugar and celery seed in a large bowl. Let sit for one hour.
- Add cabbage and combine.
- Pour oil and vinegar over cabbage and combine. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Top with blue cheese and almonds and enjoy!
- If you're not going to serve this immediately, wait to top with the almonds and blue cheese.