This is my go-to, post-surf snack.
I’ve always been a snacker. I think I inherited it from my Dad.
I have the hardest time making it from breakfast to lunch without eating something.
This smoothie bowl is the answer. It’s nutty, a little salty, creamy (almost like ice cream), and has a good pack of protein to tide me over until lunch. I sometimes add a scoop or two of protein powder if I’ve just come from an especially long surf session. I’ve been really digging Trader Joe’s Hemp Protein Powder.
This is really a delicious smoothie bowl no matter what kind of blender you have, but I really enjoy the consistency that I get from my Vitamix. If you’re a player on the smoothie making team it can really bring your game to a whole new level.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp agave
- chopped peanuts, almonds, hemp hearts to top (customizable)
- Blend everything together using a high power blender, and using more almond milk if necessary.
- Top with chopped nuts and hemp hearts.
- Other toppings that would be good: shredded coconut, granola, other kinds of nuts.