I spent last weekend in Charleston, SC for my sister-in-laws bachelorette party. It was an epic time!
We spent most of the time between the pool and the beach, eating and drinking (mostly drinking) in downtown Charlestown and on a tiki hut out in the middle of the Ashley River.
You know the feeling when you come back from vacation… like you just want to eat salads for the next month. I’m not talking “sorority salads,” like Miles would say (cheese, croutons, bacon, minimal lettuce). I’m talking a mostly-veggie, nuts and seeds, maybe a hard-boiled egg, type of salad. This dressing is perfect for those type of salads because it packs a lot of flavor and is a little creamy so you don’t feel super sad about eating that non-sorority salad.
You know what? Vacations are for indulging and not feeling bad about it. That’s the whole point!
Get back on that salad train and we’ll have you back to feeling normal in a few days.
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine ingredients in a mason jar fitted with a lid and shake until combined.
- Season with more salt/pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Will stay good for a week, just give it a shake before using.
- You could also use white vinegar, or leave out turmeric if you desire.