The best thing I’ve done since we moved into our little beach bungalow 5 years ago was to build raised garden boxes in the backyard. The fresh herbs! The fresh tomatoes!
Hunter loves to pee on my rosemary plant. One time my neighbor popped her head over the fence asking for some rosemary. I gave it to her, and then Hunter went over and peed on the plant right away while we were talking. I don’t think she used it.
That being said, always wash your herbs. And any produce for that matter. You just never know.
I made these almonds today and they’re so easy that it feels weird to post a recipe for you guys, but they’re so good that I can’t just let them go without telling you about them.
They would be perfect on a cheeseboard for Christmas, or just to have out for snacking with cocktails. You can make them a few days in advance and they’re super super easy which is kind of the name of the game for me at Christmas.
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt, more to taste
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Combine almonds with olive oil and rosemary in a big bowl and lay out on a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkles evenly with kosher salt.
- Roast 15 mins, then turn and roast another 15 minutes.
- Season with more salt if necessary and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.