Ok so I literally could care less about the Superbowl this weekend, but what I do care about is the snacks.
I will literally plant myself in front of the snack table and eat it all. I’ve got to have something on there that won’t make me sick if I eat all of it, enter the veg platter. I always bring veggies and dip to a Superbowl party so I know that since I’ll be eating full time while I’m there to keep myself amused at least I’ll have something thats not going to clog my arteries up overnight.
The ranch dip recipe below is one of my most prized recipes. It tastes nothing like the bottled ranch (in a good way, much less plasticky), and it isn’t hard at all. I make it every time we have pizza night and our friends complain if I don’t. Here’s the Microplane I use for this recipe.
I’ve also included my recipe for yogurt dip which is a little healthier than ranch, but equally tasty. It has a Mediterranean feel, like a tzaziki dip you would have with your gyro. It is heavy with garlic flavor and full of fresh dill. Don’t be tempted to use dried dill here because it won’t be even close to as good. Trust.
The red dip in the picture above is my Roasted Red Pepper Dip. It’s a vegan dip make with roasted red peppers, walnuts, garlic and lots of olive oil. I think you’ll really like it as well, and it is something your friends have probably never eaten. It is really nice with pita chips.
- 1 cup good sour cream, full fat preferably organic
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1-3 Tbsp half and half or whole milk
- Combine everything (besides half and half) in a medium bowl and whisk together until totally combined.
- Add half and half one Tbsp at a time to get desired consistency. For a dip use 1 Tbsp and for more of a dressing use up to 3 Tbsp. Adjust with more salt and onion powder if you use more half and half since you'll be thinning it out.
- Let sit in the fridge (covered) for 30 mins minimum to let flavors do their thing.
- I really like the Trader Joes organic full fat sour cream. I think it has the best flavor, and I've tried a lot!
- This dip will stay good for 5 days or so if its covered and in the fridge.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (2% or more fat)
- 1 clove garlic grated on microplane
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp good olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cover and set in fridge for at least 30 mins.