Umm hello? Did you know that there are 17 grams of protein in one cup of edamame? Yas!
I have been snacking on these little loves for some time now. They couldn’t be easier to make, with just 4 ingredients and an oven set to 350 degrees.
Use them to top a salad, take them on a hike, throw some in your purse. So many uses! Amazing!
Here’s the recipe, which isn’t really a recipe at all (because it’s so easy).
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame cooked according to package directions, and cooled.
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil in liquid state (might have to microwave it)
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After cooking edamame, spread it out on a clean towel, and use another clean towel to press lightly on edamame until most of the moisture is gone.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out the dried edamame, and drizzle with coconut oil. Use hands to coat.
- Lay out edamame in single layer and sprinkle with chili flakes and kosher salt (probably about 1-2 tsp depending on your taste).
- Roast edamame for 15 mins and then turn with a spatula and cook another 15 minutes. Repeat until edamame are crispy and slightly browned, about 45 mins to an hour depending on your oven.
- Let cool on paper towels and store in an airtight container in the fridge.