Spring has arrived in the OC, meaning the temps are in the mid-70’s again.
Wait, they always are…
DON’T BE HATIN’, HATERS.
Doesn’t fresh lemon and dill just scream Spring time? It almost makes me want to do some good Spring cleaning. (No it doesn’t). This chilled quinoa salad is a perfect side for Easter Dinner, or a quick lunch at your desk. Quinoa is packed with protein, and Feta is just always so lovely with cucumbers. I like to make a batch of this at the beginning of the week and then add in different things to a bowl of it for lunch (ie. chickpeas, shredded carrot, cherry tomatoes).
Please, please use a rice cooker to cook your quinoa, use only fresh herbs, and make sure to add the lemon dressing when the quinoa is still hot.
Happy Spring time lovers!
Lemony Quinoa with Dill, Cucumber and Feta
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (meaning 2 cups dry before it is cooked), and still warm
- juice of one fresh lemon
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tsp Seat Salt
- 4 green onions, chopped (without the white part)
- 1 cup chopped parsley (meaning that after it is chopped it fills one cup, not before it is chopped)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup Feta cheese (diced or crumbled)
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- Add lemon, EVOO and S&P to a large bowl and combine.
- Add quinoa to lemon dressing, and stir to combine. Stick in the fridge until it has chilled (about an hour).
- After quinoa has cooled, add herbs, cucumber and feta and stir to combine.
- That’s it! It is best when it has a little time to sit and let the flavors combine, but you can also serve it right away.